Explore the Elements Photo Contest
Explore the Elements is a contest that invites bloggers and photographer to showcase the images they’ve captured on their travels. There are four categories (Earth, Water, Fire and Air) and the challenge is to submit photos that capture the essence of each of the elements. There is no stipulation on how long you’ve been blogging, so bloggers new and old are welcome to take part.
Prizes will be awarded for an overall winner as well as category winners. Here is what you could win:
- The overall winner will be awarded a travel fund worth £5,000.
- Each Element category winner will have their choice of a MacBook Air, a Fujifilm X-T1 camera, or an iPhone 6 with Bose noise cancelling headphones.
How to Enter
1. Publish an Explore the Elements post on your blog with images for all 4 elements. If you don’t have photos for all 4 elements, post images for the elements that you do have images for. Those who don’t have photos for all 4 elements will still be in with a chance of winning the category winner prizes but won’t be in the running for the main £5,000 travel fund prize.
2. Nominate and notify 5 other bloggers to take part in Explore the Elements at the end of your post to spread the word about the contest!
3. Notify Thomas Cook of your entry before the closing date of the 16th March 2015 by either:
Tweeting @thomascookuk including #exploretheelements and a link to your blog post in your tweet or;
Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, including a link to your post, your name and your email address.
4. Thomas Cook and the competition judges will share and retweet some of our favourite Explore the Elements posts throughout the contest’s 8 week duration so be sure to follow our Facebook and Twitter accounts closely!
5. Every Explore the Elements blog entry will be judged by 3 other judges plus myself, with each judge selecting an element category winner to receive either a Fujifilm camera, an Apple MacBook Air, or an Apple iPhone 6 with Bose noise cancelling headphones depending on their choice. Hint: I’m judging the earth category. The judges will then work together to select the overall winner of the £5,000 travel fund. For further information about the judging and the prizes see the Terms & Conditions by clicking the link below.
My Example Post
Represents the hard, solid objects of the earth
Associated with stubbornness, collectiveness, physicality and gravity
Represents the fluid, flowing, formless things in the world
Associated with emotion, defensiveness, adaptability, flexibility, suppleness, and magnetism
Represents the energetic, forceful, moving things in the world
Associated with security, motivation, desire, intention, and an outgoing spirit
Represents things that grow, expand, and enjoy freedom of movement
Associated with will, elusiveness, evasiveness, benevolence, compassion, and wisdom
Competition page links
Explore the Elements official contest page
Explore the Elements Terms and Conditions
Explore the Elements on Pinterest
Explore the Elements on Twitter
Explore the Elements on Facebook
Explore the Elements on Google+
Latest posts by Jessica Peterson (see all)
- 24 Things to Do with 24 Hours of Sunlight In Fairbanks, Alaska - August 7, 2017
- Travel Film: Alaska / Unsetting Sun - July 24, 2017
- Watch my CNN Great Big Story Documentary - June 6, 2017