A few months ago, I showed you my beautiful, remodeled Airstream Excella, but what did it look like before?
Before the Airstream Remodel
What We Remodeled in the Airstream
It was in good shape for a 31-year-old RV, but it was dark — way too dark. It also had original kitchen appliances and bathroom fixtures, which were tarnished or just ugly.
We ended up remodeling and replacing just about everything (you can shop my links).
Remodeled or Replaced:
- New kitchen sink and faucet
- New two-burner cooktop
- New custom-made aluminum countertop
- New single washer/dryer unit where oven was
- Refaced kitchen cabinets (this was one of my grueling projects that saved us thousands of dollars) with reflective white acrylic
- New floor throughout
- Gutted bathroom, removed vanity, sink, shower, and toilet and converted black water tank to gray water
- New bathroom floor, seat, and walls
- Replaced bathroom lighting with LED lights
- New bathroom fan
- Painted medicine chest
- Painted bedroom and removed two storage cabinets
- Added custom lounge seating with storage (again, one of my grueling projects wherein I pretended to understand upholstering!)
- New ceiling fans (brand A & brand B)
- Added storage drawer to existing memory foam bed
- New top-down blinds to replace dark, metal ones
Appliances & Housewares for the Kitchen:
- World Market plates, bowls, glasses, silverware, and tea mugs
- Target bowls, silverware, and coffee mugs
- Rachael Ray pots & pans
- Target toaster oven
- World Market espresso maker
Furnishings for the Bedroom:
- Small IKEA bedside table with storage
- Target quilt
- Target down comforter
- Martha Stewart Flamingo Bedsheets
Furnishings for the Living Room:
- Installed iMac on swing arm
- Target throw pillow
- Bed, Bath & Beyond throw pillow
- Home Goods throw pillows
- Home-made curtains for front windows and privacy curtain in hallway (you’ll need this and this to do it yourself)
- Indispensable work desk/table
In the Bathroom:
For Kitty Girl:
After the Airstream Remodel
The Great American Roadtrip in an Airstream
Wondering why we did this in the first place? Read my post.
Since we embarked on our new life in the Airstream, we’ve hit up Cincinnati, Asheville, Washington, D.C., Charleston, Savannah, Dallas, West Texas, and New Mexico. As I write this, we’re driving through dusty southern Arizona.
Want to see more of my Airstream?
Checkout a video I filmed inside the Airstream and stay tuned because I will have more pictures as we travel. I’m posting Instagram stories during our Great American Roadtrip, so follow me on Instagram.
P.S. This post was emailed to my newsletter subscribers months ago. If you’d like to see posts like this before they’re published, subscribe now.