Hong Kong’s Big Buddha in Pictures
One of the highlights of both my Hong Kong visits was a leisurely ride through the mountains in a glass gondola. (Read my full travel story.) It was a relief after navigating the über crowded Victoria Harbour area. Whether your destination is the Big Buddha or you just want to take in the fog-laden scenery, riding in a glass gondola is a spectacular visual treat. The cable car links rural Ngong Ping with urban Tung Chung. We gladly paid extra to ride in the glass-bottom ‘crystal’ cabin to see fishermen waist-deep in the shallow bay, hikers the size of ants on the rugged train between mountains, and boats streaming across the water. (Book on the Ngong Ping 360 website to get 10% off. Though the website was down when I tried to do this, I simply asked for the discount at the ticket window.)
Read my list of 10 Things You Must Do in Hong Kong.
I bought a gorgeous Chinese blouse from the shop below!
Win a Travel Package from Global Girl Travels!
Enter our giveaway below to win a travel package valued at $750!
- 2-night stay at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central in a superior room
- 1-day Shrekfast breakfast for two
- 1-day Grand Orbit breakfast for two
- 2 admission tickets to Ocean Park Hong Kong
- 2 admission tickets to Ngong Ping 360
Hurry! Giveaway ends September 15, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. CST.
- Winner is responsible for airfare and all travel expenses.
- Hotel reservations must be made at least two weeks before preferred check-in date. Blackout dates apply.
- The prize is not transferable, refundable, and will not be replaced if lost.
- The prize cannot be redeemed for cash or any other services, and cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers.
- The room prize is based on single or double occupancy per room.
- Additional guests staying in the same room are subject to an extra charge as advised at the time of reservation. There is a limit of four guests per room.